In addition to reading, writing and arithmetic, student success also depends on developing the social and emotional skills that provide the foundation for dealing with anger and frustration, prevent negative behaviors and develop the positive school behaviors that increase academic performance. Here at Arts In Action we implement the evidence-based Lions Quest social and emotional learning (SEL) program to create optimal environments to address these challenges.
Lions Quest has been proven to decrease problematic behaviors while increasing academic achievement, pro-social behaviors, and connectedness to family and school. This program focuses on social and emotional skill-building to create a positive and safe school climate for students and teachers, and unite the home, school, and community. Through Lions Quest, more than 13 million students and 550,000 educators have been trained in more than 90 countries, making it one of the most widely-used social and emotional learning programs in the
Lions Quest Program Benefits:
- Helps students manage their emotions, make informed decisions, resolve conflicts, and set and achieve goals.
- Reduces incidents of bullying and harassment while increasing student engagement and academic success.
- Addresses issues that cause students to become alienated and isolated, or become defiant, aggressive or violent.
- Trains educators in effective teaching strategies. All lessons are aligned with the Common Core Standards and 21st Century college and career readiness skills.
- Develops the desire to contribute positively to the school and community.
- Creates opportunities for students to apply their academic, social and emotional skills in meaningful service learning experiences.
- Provides a way for educators, parents and community groups to work together to ensure that our children reach their full potential.
- Offers a global network of school communities that are meeting academic goals by developing life skills in a positive environment, and reducing the need for punitive and controlling measures.
Lions Quest provides schools with a framework for supporting the self-confidence, health and wellbeing of students and staff. The carefully sequenced lessons build strong relationships, increase focus, reduce academic stress, and help us all to improve our listening, decision-making, and perspective-taking skills, as we meet today’s educational challenges together.
To learn more about the Lions Quest program at Arts In Action; contact
Dean Of Student Culture
firstname.lastname@example.orgAdditional information about Lions Quest, including curriculum resources and sample lesson plans, is available at www.lions-quest.org.